With roots back to the 1970s Sage Accpac ERP has long been a midmarket leader for business management software solutions in many regions of the globe. From running accounting for small businesses to automating complex processes for large scale manufacturers to managing operations for brand name retail outlets, Sage Accpac serves a variety of needs for its 40,000 customers and over 200,000 users in 169 countries. The success of Sage Accpac has been built on fundamental business principles–create value for customers and continually innovate. In this paper, our aim is to demonstrate how this culture of customer-connected innovation translates to customer success today and into the future.
As the world of business is constantly evolving, so must your business management software. At Sage, we work to continually improve your experience with Sage Accpac and develop new functionality to help you get more out of your solution. We work directly with our extensive customer base (over 45,000 companies and 200,000 users) to ensure our products work the way you do to improve processes and enhance productivity. Led by dedicated User-Centric Design teams, we strive to understand not only how customers interact with and utilize our software, but also how their businesses work and how we can help to solve their core business issues. This team collaborates with our customers through several data collection and interpretation methods, making it easy for you to get involved and get your voice heard! Over the past year, over 5,000 customers and partners worldwide have been consulted through on-site visits, surveys, interviews, and observational studies in our state-of-the-art usability laboratories. The results of this rigorous research are poured into the product development process helping us to design and build better software.
Sage Accpac Modules
- System Manager
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Inventory Control
- Order Entry
- Purchase Orders
- Project and Job Costing
- Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator
- National Accounts Management
- G/L Security
- G/L Consolidations
- Intercompany Transactions
This module controls access to all Sage Accpac Modules and other third party modules integrates with Sage Accpac. The silent features of this core control modules is as follows :-
- Supports multiple system and company databases
- Supports Simple Objects Access Protocol (SOAP) interface to enable Web service-based integration
- Grants security rights to users to specific accounting functions
- Allows users to sign-on using their Windows User ID or Sage Accpac User ID
- Provides field lookup for any indexed field (Such as accounts, customers and vendors)
- Identifies any errors to the system administrator at sign-on if an earlier processing step was not completed
- Allows schedules to be created that can be assigned to recurring entries in General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Allows import and Export of database records to and from multiple file formats, such as Excel, CSV and XML
- Provides system administrator with data integrity checking tools
- Supports multiple fiscal calendar years
- Allows users to establish their own customized desktop, data container, screens and printer assignments
- Allow administrative staff to define user screen access and specialized reports
- Utilize custom macros and automated tasks
- Includes the Bank and Tax Services
- Supports multicurrency databases if you install multicurrency component
- Supports unlimited optional fields
The General Ledger module integrates seamlessy with all the Sage Accpac ERP Modules
- Runs either as a stand-alone application or integrated with other Sage Applications
- Maintains chart of accounts
- Maintains account structures, account groups and account segments
- Allows multi segmented account structures
- Supports multiple retained earnings accounts
- Supports up to five budget sets for each account and allows for fiscal set comparisons
- Allows transactions to be posted in detail or consolidated during posting
- Provides provisional account balances based on provisional posting
- Allows posting to previous years
- Allows auto reversal for journal entries
- Allows automatic disbursement of transaction amounts using auto-allocation feature
- Supports multi currency transactions
- Allows user to drill down to transaction history to original records in sub ledger applications
- Provides security restrictions by account code or even account segment
- Provides support for unlimited optional fields when using the Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator Component
- Track open item/or balance forward customers
- Establish National Accounts, if you purchase the module
- Create custom payment Terms and schedules
- Optionally define an internal item list
- Establish multiple recurring charges per customer
- Create recurring charge batch
- Process and print deposit slips
- Track an unlimited amount of on-line transaction history
- Track group, National Account and Customer Statistics
- Track Customer Notes
- Print customer invoices and statements
- Use Transaction Analysis & Optional Field Creator to Store unlimited Optional Field information in various records and transactions
- Use Retainage Accounting to process holdbacks for invoices, credit notes and debit notes
- Process system generated checks and enter manual checks
- Enter prepayments and miscellaneous cash invoices
- Create custom payment terms and schedules
- Create multiple 1099/CPRS types and assign them to vendors
- Create Distribution Sets to automatically distribute invoice amounts to general ledger accounts
- Create recurring payable batch
- Track an unlimited amount of on-line transaction history
- Track group and vendor statistics
- Track Vendor notes
- Print checks individually or as a group
- Track an unlimited number of inventory items for any number of locations
- Add items using FIFO, LIFO, Average Moving, Standard, Most recent, or User Defined costing methods
- Maintain different item number structures of up to 24 characters and up to 10 segments
- Handle fractional quantities up to 4 decimal places
- Use different units of measure for purchasing, selling and maintaining stock
- Use categories to classify stock and to allocate cost to departments or cost centers
- Record serial numbers and details for shipped items
- Adjust inventory by quantities and costs
- Cost items by location
- Maintain separate price lists for different customer types, payment methods, regions, multi currency etc.
- Create an unlimited number of price lists with up to 5 markup or discount price levels per item and price list
- Copy and update price lists for a range of items by percentage or flat amounts
- Specify special sale pricing based on a range of dates
- Create both bill of materials and item kits to group items together for selling purposes
- Enter active, future, standing orders and quotes
- Copy standing orders to new customers
- Enter orders and invoices in the customers currency
- Assign sales proportionally up to five salespeople per document
- Enter order and invoice prepayments in any currency
- Include comments and shipping instructions with orders
- Include serial numbers with order details (Numbers appear on the inventory control serial numbers report)
- Edit partially shipped orders
- Print order confirmations, invoices, and credit notes as they are being entered
- Place orders on hold
- Recall invoice information when issuing credit notes
- Define order templates with standard information to speed data entry
- Enter requisitions, purchase orders, receipts, returns, and debit/credit notes
- Enter active, future, standing, and blanket orders
- Copying standing orders to new vendors
- Add new vendors on-the-fly
- Create purchase orders automatically from requisitions, insufficient quantities within inventory control, or customer backorders within Order Entry
- Utilize vendor information from Accounts payable and item information form Inventory Control
- Automatically create vendor invoices while entering receipts
- Drop ship purchase orders from vendors to different ship locations, the customer's address, or a specific address that was entered
- Allocate additional costs by quantity, weight, cost, manually or expense the cost directly to a general ledger expense account
- Allocate additional cost from multiple vendors on the sample receipt and reallocate additional cost of items that were returned to the vendor
- Maintain purchase order history and order statistics for an unlimited amount of time
- Format your own purchase order forms
Accounts Payable Reports
The Vendor Transactions,Aged Cash Requirements, and Aged Payables reports now have better visibility for adjustments, as they can be reported as regular documents as well as in applied details. All three reports can now be sorted by transaction type and have an easier way to identify miscellaneous payments. Both the Aged Cash Requirements and Aged Payables report include an option to show Aged Retainage on the report.
You can now sort checks during print runs! Using the Sort Checks by list on the Transactions tab of the A/P Options form, you can sort by Vendor Number, Payee Name, Payee Country, Payee Postal Code, and Transaction Entry Number. The selection becomes the default sort order when printing checks.
Accounts Receivable Reports
Customer Statements Report
We have updated the layout and organization of the Customer Statements report to make it easier to read, removing the little-used tear-off portion of the statement. The remaining columns in the body of the statement are now wider and can accommodate longer entries. On Balance Forward statements, we have removed the balance forward amount from the statement body. The previous balance is now presented in a new section at the bottom of the statement that also shows the credits and new charges since the last statement, as well as the new balance.
Aged Trial Balance and Overdue Receivables Reports
There are several new options for the Aged Trial Balance and the Overdue Receivables reports, including the ability to sort transactions by transaction type for each customer. You can also list adjustments separately from the transactions that they were applied to and select whether to print aged retainage amounts for each customer, if you are printing the report by due date.
You can now sort transactions by transaction type for each customer and list adjustments separately from the transactions that they were applied to. If you select the option to show applied details, they also appear with the documents to which they apply.
You can now specify the order in which to print refund checks! You can print refund checks by Transaction Entry Number, Customer Number, Payee Name, Payee Country, and Payee Zip/Postal Code.
General Ledger Reports
New reports that show net changes for a specific period can be printed using the G/L Trial Balance Report form. The trial balance report prints the balance for each account in the range of accounts, segments, account groups, account-sorted groups, or optional fields in the general ledger as of the fiscal period you specify. There are up to seven different trial balance report formats you can print! We have also included new options on the Transaction Listing form, such as the ability to include Balances and Net Changes, include Posting Sequence and Batch-Entry Numbers and the option to sort all transactions by date within the accounting periods.
3 rd Party Addon modules
Like other software developed by Manufacturing Information Systems, MISys Manufacturing software offers all the functionality a small to medium-sized manufacturing firm needs today.
Get started with Basic Manufacturing and experience how MISys Manufacturing software delivers on its promise to turn your accounting software into an Industrial-Strength Manufacturing System. The Basic Manufacturing software provides the following capabilities:
- Extensive tracking of manufacturing inventory and work in process (WIP)
- Multi-level bills of material with full explosion down to 16 levels deep.
- Net-change physical inventory with cycle counting.
- Batch-oriented or direct entry of all stock transfer transactions.
- Full back-flushing of all assembly transactions.
- Choice of standard, average, LIFO, or FIFO costing methods.
- Cost adjustment with roll-up through all BOM levels.
- Work orders to document and track production activity.
- Extensive reporting using industry-standard report generator (Crystal Reports).
- Record detailed stock status for all inventoried items.
- Track inventory in multiple locations.
- Maintain inventory levels with minimum, maximum, and reorder points.
- Instantly display transaction history, where-used (BOM implosion), and outstanding order status.
- Can optionally allow or prevent negative inventory levels
- Associate a unique set of general ledger accounts with by specific item, job, or location
- ... and much much more!
Audit Logger provides auditing features for changes to any Accpac Advantage Series views.
- Auditing can be configured on all views individually
- Records adds, changes and deletions
- Audit data can be printed in full, or with “changed values only” to minimise report size and focus on relevant details
- Records important information from the client PC such as IP Address and Authenticated Windows User (requires Windows 98 or above, otherwise blank)
- Records true client IP Address even when operating under Terminal Services or Citrix environments
- Seamless operation recording data changes, zero change to operating environment
- Fully developed using the Accpac SDK, absolute minimum performance overhead
Audit Logger has been fully developed in the Accpac SDK, so is available on all the databases/platforms that Accpac Advantage Series is supported on.
Audit Logger is available for all editions of Accpac Advantage Series, and is configured for the following modules: System Manager, General Ledger, Tax Services, Bank Services, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
Fixed Asset Management
Norming Asset Management is a powerful and complete asset management solution with Sage ERP Accpac. The core functionality module, Asset Accounting , can be used to process all the asset accounting transactions, including acquisition, depreciation, adjustment, disposal, merge and split. The higher functionality module, Asset Maintenance and Asset Leasing can be used to facilitate the asset maintenance and lease management.
The complete Asset Tracking facility is also available.
- Integrates with Sage ERP Accpac SM, GL, AP, AR, IC, PO and PJC.
- Supports Pervasive SQL, MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Unlimited optional fields for asset register and transaction detail.
- Flexible asset and barcode numbering.
- Manages the WIP and transfers WIP to asset.
- Powerful depreciation facility, including depreciation projection and reversal.
- Full multicurrency support.
- Manage meters and SLA's for equipment maintenance.
- Schedule maintenance activity and process maintenance expense.
- Manage asset lease contract and billing processing.
- Provide complete barcode-based asset tracking facility.
- Extensive inquiries and reporting functionality.
Norming Asset Management is developed in the latest Sage ERP Accpac Software Development Kit, has the same look, feel, level of integration as the Sage ERP Accpac core modules.
- Uses the fiscal calendar and currency of Common Service module.
- Asset transactions generates General Ledger batches automatically.
- Integrates with P/O to streamline the asset acquisition and invoicing process.
- Integrates with I/C for asset acquisition, disposal and maintenance.
- A/P invoice can be created from asset acquisition batch automatically.
- A/R invoice can be created from the asset disposal batch automatically.
- A/P invoice can be created from asset maintenance batch automatically.
- A/R invoice can be created from asset lease billing entry automatically.
- Transfers the asset depreciation expense to PJC Contracts/Projects.
- Drill down from G/L,A/P and A/R to originating asset transaction.
- Acquire assets in the currency that vendor would use.
- The tax currency of asset could be different from functional currency.
- Calculate unrealized gains and losses for active asset as exchange rates fluctuate .
- Adjust asset value in source or functional currency.
- Disposal proceeds in source or functional currency.
- Asset maintenance expense can be processed in source or functional currency.
- Asset lease billing entry can be booked in source or functional currency.
Flexible Asset Numbering
- Asset ID can consists of up to 72 characters,with maximum 9 segments.
- Each segment can use the segment code that is respectively defined in category, cost center,location,and group .
- Auto numbering facility is also available.
Comprehensive Setup Option
- Accounts Sets
- Cost Center
- Depreciation Periods
- Depreciation Methods
- Acquisition Codes
- Maintenance Types
Extensive Inquiries and Reporting Capability
- Search asset by category, group, cost center, location. .
- Review complete asset activities history and the original transaction entry. .
- Check component assets of master asset. .
- Maintain serial no. and bar-coding for each unit of asset. .
- Print standard or customized label for each unit of asset. .
- Print asset list, asset history and depreciation report for audit or reconciliation with G/L
- Print depreciation projection report for the financial planning
- Print capitalization analysis to compare budget with expenditure.
V5.6 – Development Partner Solutions
- Endorsed Solutions are “5.6 Ready”
- Altec – Document Management
- Accellos – Warehouse Management
- MiSYS – Manufacturing
- PrintBoss – Check Processing
- Technisoft – Service Management
- TrueCommerce – EDI
- Most Popular Add-ons are “5.6 Ready”
- AutoSimply - Manufacturing
- Greytrix – Data Migration
- Iciniti Corporation - Webstore
- Norming – Asset Management
- North49 – Webstore and Credit Card Processing
- Orchid – EFT & Inter Entity Transactions
- Pacific Technologies – Workflow & Audit Logger
- Systronics – Web Portal
- Stonefield - Queries